Fan Coil Units, Vertical Stack Fan Coils, Commercial Heat Pumps
Level Solutions is proud to partner with The Whalen Company, pioneering manufacturer of HVAC vertical stack riser heat-exchanger fan coil units and water-source heat pumps for hotels, apartments and other multi-story buildings.
An early innovator in vertical stack fan coil units and heat pumps, Whalen offers efficient equipment solutions that reduce costs and improve performance. Benefits include:
- Small footprints and aesthetic designs
- Flexible design and factory assistance
- Lower first costs and easier maintenance
- Reduced installation times and trouble-free start-up
- Most efficient and cost-effective HVAC systems
The Whalen Company Products
These units are designed to be stacked from floor to floor and utilize vertical supply and return risers in buildings such as hotels, apartments, condominiums, nursing homes and dormitories.
- Quick and easy chassis installation and removal
- Reduced commissioning times
- Chassis can be shipped separately to ensure clean coils after construction
- Easy access to the drain pan and all internal components
- Minimized tenant disruption and loss of income
- Chassis-only replacement option is available for renovation projects
These units provide heating and cooling without the need for water control valves. Two pipe (Heat/Cool, Heat Only and Cool Only) and four pipe configurations operate as part of a centralized heating and cooling system.
- Small unit footprint saves space
- Ease of installation, with reduced costs
- Enhanced unit insulation
- Upgraded universal controls
- User-friendly drain service system
- Improved unit serviceability
- Dehumidification performance
- Demonstrated reliability
The 50/50 Four Pipe System features all the advantages of a conventional 4-pipe system but reduces pump and piping requirements by 50 percent.
- Less floor space required
- Eliminates zone valves and transformers
- Unit-mounted plug-in t-stat factory wiring
- Higher BTU output with lower water temperatures
- Horizontal piping eliminated
- Installation time slashed
- Less maintenance – filter change twice a year
- No field wiring of transformers, zone valves or t-stats
- No paint touch-up after installation
- Quick venting of system
Ranging from 300 CFM to 1,200 CFM, our horizontal and vertical fan coils are available in several configurations.
- Each robust fan coil design features heavy-gauge materials for long life and years of trouble-free service
- Closed cell insulation plus positively sloped drain pans ensure superior indoor air quality
- Acoustic and thermal insulation for quiet operation
- Lower installed costs
- ETL certified units comply with applicable standards for safety and performance
Belt drive fan coils range from 600 CFM, to 10,000 CFM and are designed to meet your more demanding applications.
- Simplicity of maintenance with easy access to the filter, fan, and motor
- Quiet unit operation facilitated by large diameter fans and 1″ thick insulation
- Heavy-gauge steel construction provides for long life of the unit
- An optional stainless steel drain pan for superior corrosion resistance
- For direct-drive units, multi-speed motors assure optimal power consumption based on desired load, along with fan speed switch unit- or wall-mounted for owner and tenant convenience
These units are ideal for perimeter and corridor heating and cooling in hotels, apartments, hospitals, commercial buildings and other multi-room facilities. These units provide the advantage of an integrated thermal recovery unit to take advantage of modern building codes and the increasing outside air requirements.
- Engineered for quiet operation
- Easy to install and service
- Inteli-Therm™ Vertical Stack Fan Coil with Slide-Out Coil Pack
- Integrated Energy Recovery Module – Our integrated energy recovery module is fully removable for easy maintenance and capable of providing fresh air to the occupied space as well as exhausting multiple bathrooms.
- Constant Fresh Air Flow – Each unit is programmed for a minimum constant air flow to provide the required outside air.
- Optional decorative wall controls provide intermittent high speed exhaust flow from one or two remote locations.
- Multiple Ventilation Rates – Each energy recovery module is shipped with a factory-set ventilation rate to balance the supply and exhaust air selected.
The Inteli-therm™ Vertical Stack Fan Coil is the smart choice for projects like hotels, apartments, condominiums, senior living centers, college dormitories or others that have tight spaces. The heating and cooling slide-out coil pack of the unit uses just four fasteners for easy, total accessibility. The coil-pack also offers lifetime flexibility by allowing upsizing or downsizing as space conditions change.
- Integrated energy recovery module is fully removable for easy maintenance and capable of providing fresh air to the occupied space as well as exhausting multiple bathrooms
- Each unit is programmed for a minimum constant air flow
- to provide the required outside air
- Optional decorative wall controls provide intermittent high speed exhaust flow from one or two remote locations
- Each energy recovery module is shipped with a factory-set ventilation rate to balance the supply and exhaust air selected
- Because the coil pack is designed to slide out, it can be shipped separately from the cabinet, reducing the risk of damage during the installation
Whisperline® Vertical Stack Water Source Heat Pumps offer an efficient way to provide quiet, comfortable cooling and heating to high rise multi-floor buildings. These economical units reduce time, material and labor requirements during installation.
- Arrives fully assembled with factory-installed piping packages, controls and risers
- Small footprint allows the units to be furred into columns, walls or closets
- No need for expensive horizontal connection piping
- Ideal for apartment buildings, condos, office towers, hotels, motels, senior living facilities and dormitories
The advantage of Whisperpack® units during the heating season is the use of a hydronic heating coil in lieu of reversing the refrigerant cycle. This allows for energy savings by turning the compressor off and diverting the condenser water to a heating coil.
The Whispertherm® integrated thermal recovery unit offers the environmentally-friendly benefit of efficiently introducing the outdoor air into the occupied space. Instead of directly discarding exhaust air from the occupied space, its energy is transferred to the incoming fresh air. Less energy is required to bring this fresh air to the indoor conditions.
The Closetline® CAS series exceeds the ASHRAE 90.1 minimum efficiency and utilizes environmentally friendly refrigerant to reduce operating costs without compromising the environment. Closetline water source heat pumps are popular in building applications where quiet operation in a compact footprint is a key requirement.
The Whisperline® WCS series water source heat pump console unit provides environmentally friendly, high efficiency, cooling and heating where individual, quiet control of space is a priority.
The Whisperline® VD Series, the industry’s only 2-stage vertical stack water source heat pump. It is a highly efficient unit and well-suited for high performance buildings. The VD Series includes a two-stage scroll compressor and an ECM Motor (electronically commutated) resulting in superior efficiency and comfort.